October 1, 2010

meet geisha pearl.

I want to introduce you to Geisha Pearl. She is optimistic, confident, fun-loving, passionate with a big heart & an even bigger shoe collection to match. She is a little quirky to some, but doesn't take notice. Her days are filled with endless adventures & there isn't a boy who wouldn't fall in love with her whitty banter. She is just a girl chasing her dreams.

"It is nice to meet you," Geisha Pearl says with a bashful smile.

I have been scouring the internet for the perfect illustration artist to capture this girl i see in my head. After searching diligently for what seemed like months i came up fruitless. Then i dawned on me...wait, i think i can do this. I used to keep a sketch pad next to my bed & draw all the pieces i wanted to design someday. I guess drawing is like riding a bike, it becomes part of you. Now i have the perfect Geisha Pearl & i absolutely adore her.

6 comments:

melissa rose said...

she's beautiful! You should showcase your drawings more often :)

Unknown said...

I love them...but the direction of the blog seems heavily influenced by the Gary Pepper Vintage blog?

Kitty Cotten said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the drawings. I really enjoyed making them. Maria, I really love Gary Pepper and find her an amazing inspiration. Our styles are different, but our love for vintage is the same. I draw inspiration all over from blogs to everyday.

Sally said...

Love these. They're so unique and original!

desorden150 said...

Wow I can't believe you drew this they are so cool! But just want to know... are you ever going to do more videos on youtube?

Kirstie. said...

Your illustrations are inspiring. I've been trying to force myself to love my mediocre drawing skills because they wont get better if I dont draw. Im going to get my sketch pad now.

-Kirstie.