June 6, 2011

SUMMER READING

peonyinlove
"Peony In Love" by Lisa See
Part love story, part ghost story, part historical fiction -- this is my absolute favorite book! Set in 17th Century China you follow the story of a young girl from life to death & beyond. If you haven't read this book yet, find a shady spot, relax & take it all in.

somethingborrowed"Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin
Talk about a love triangle. Rachel, Darcy's best friend since forever, falls for Dex -- Darcy's fiance. If you think that's crazy wait until the last fourth of the book when the soap opera drama spins a whirlwind romantic scenario. Overall, a fun, shorty, entertaining read!

pearlearring
"Girl With A Pearl Earring" by Tracy Chevalier
I'm a romantic history junky -- making this 17th Century novel a book i loved cuddling up to. The book follows the life-changing experiences of Griet, a quiet & impoverish girl, over the two years she serves the painter, Johannes.

horizontal"My Horizontal Life" by Chelsea Handler
I actually haven't read this book yet, but my girlfriends have all loved it & said it was absolutely hilarious! I've added it to my beach-time summer reading list.

4 comments:

FashionableAsians said...

Ooo I've never read Peony in Love, I typically like stories where they follow the character into the afterlife and they're narrating from beyond (such as Lovely Bones and Saving Fish From Drowning) good stuff ;) Also like all the outfits you put together for each book!

Anonymous said...

i love this! i'm a huge book lover and this idea of posting a different look with each book is kinda an interesting idea!

Lindsey said...

Very creative post!

Linds
http://myialife.blogspot.com

Morica said...

i <3 the girl with a pearl earring! :)